Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 2: Making Myself At Home


Even though the beginnings are always tough, they are also exciting. Well, at least to me. 


A little search on the Internet and I find the web site maintained by William Shotts. The address is:




An excellent stuff for Linux beginners. William Shotts happens to be the author of "The Linux Command Line (Complete Introduction)". And here's the biggest surprise: you can download his book free of charge! WOW! Just click the link above and find 'download it here' link on the the page.

I also find a quick and amazing tour for beginners with Linux.


http://linuxcommand.org/lc3_learning_the_shell.php


I think everyone using Internet understands what John Carmack meant by saying: "[... cheap PC, linux and an Internet account and you have all necessary tools [...]".


After this nice one-day-test-it-out introduction/tour I am almost ready to rock (I have already started to read the book, but that will take few days to read and experiment with the commands).